A comprehensive program for students, parents, and faculty.
Beyond The Classroom
Family Bridges offers a comprehensive program for students parents and faculty. In this way, we are not only serving the student but the family and community as a whole.
Family Bridges curricula have the following characteristics:
- Grounded on sound theories of child development.
- Teaches children and adults to apply SEL skills and ethical values in everyday situations, enhancing social, emotional and ethical behavior.
- Provides developmentally and culturally appropriate instruction.
- Involves families and communities as partners.
- Provides high-quality staff development and support.
- Incorporates continuing evaluation and improvement.
- A prescribed sequence of lessons that contributes to an organized and coherent curriculum helping students build upon what has come before.
Program for Students L.E.A.P.
Life Changing Experience Through Active Participation
L.E.A.P. is an after-school program that teaches students social-emotional skills through the power and creativity of dance. The goal is to create a safe space for students to express themselves amongst peers while also teaching them skills for life.
In partnership with ALEGRÍA Outreach, the L.E.A.P. program:
- Helps improve retention and comprehension in science, math, and literature, especially in those with learning disabilities.
- Creates high interest in the subject being taught
- Increases motivation to learn
- Sustains higher levels of attention improving overall cognitive function.
- Increases and encourages the use of creativity in everyday activities
- Encourages students to tackle new and exciting challenges.
Outside of the benefits of dancing, L.E.A.P. wants to teach the following social-emotional skills to students:
- Self-awareness: Accurately assessing one’s feelings, interests, values, and strengths
- Self-management: Regulating one’s emotions to handle stress, control impulses, and persevere in overcoming obstacles
- Social-awareness: Taking the perspective of and empathizing with others
- Relationship Skills: Establishing and maintaining healthy and rewarding relationships
- Responsible Decision: Making decisions based on consideration of ethical standards, safety concerns, respect for others and likely consequences of various actions.
Program for Parents
Strong Parents, Strong Schools
The school’s job becomes harder when parents are not actively supporting their kid’s academic career. Strong Parents, Strong Schools motivates parents to raise successful kids who have strong character development, relationship smarts, and community-engagement, that ultimately supports students in achieving academic goals.
Through Strong Parents, Strong Schools, our goal is to:
- Strengthen parent-child relationships
- Help improve the relationships between parents and academic institutions
- Promote parent engagement with their children’s schools and communities
Program for Faculty
GROWTH is Family Bridges professional development program. Family Bridges believes that social emotional learning does not only apply to students, but also to faculty and school personnel. Addressing work-life balance, communication, problem-solving, teamwork, stress management and other topics are essential to professional and personal success.
LET’S GET STARTED!
Contact Damaris Bran
Telephone: 708-524-1600 ext 226